Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Juniper Wave



This guy came straight from nursery stock. I hacked it down to just 3 branches and shaped them in a rather simplistic semi-cascade form. There is obviously nothing formal about the composition but the tree is cute with a hint of windblown and I like it. Also, this is my first juniper so I have set it up this way in order to use it as a test bed for learning juniper techniques (pinching, wiring, etc).

Interestingly the tree is yet too weak to support the weight of the main branch in this configuration, so without wire the whole thing flops down. As such, I have to really keep an eye on the wiring and change it pretty frequently to keep from scarring the trunk and branches. Hey practice makes perfect, no?

Eventually it will need a proper pot and maybe it will turn into something.

No comments:

Post a Comment