Friday, July 16, 2010

Large Mugo Pine

May 2010



I bought this mugo pine in preparation for attending my first BSSJ meeting. I wanted to get a tree that I could work on at workshops, and also represent my enthusiasm for having joined the group. At the first workshop I cleaned it up and began pinching the candles. I have since done some additional top side work including the wiring. I'm very pleased with this tree and believe it will be good bonsai.


September 2010




The weather was overcast, humid and not too hot, so I decided to try doing a full repot and styling of this mugo pine, even though it is not really the right time of year for it. Sometimes you can get away with this kind of activity if you time things right and are very careful. I'll be watching this tree very closely to make sure I haven't destroyed it. This thing has been taking it easy, living the good life all summer...time to work, tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment